Monday, May 04, 2009

Things Not Good

Saturday night's dinner turned bad. While eating dinner, and mean WHILE eating, he bloated right before my eyes. It was so bad that he stopped eating. I raced over, yanked the bowl away and realized that he was trying to burp but couldn't. So I started rubbing and lightly patting his sides (like you would a baby) to help him. At first nothing and he was SO bloated that he couldn't breathe and started shaking. I truly thought he was going to either pass out or explode and I'm not exaggerating about the exploding part. FINALLY he belched so loud the it must have been heard down the street!

For the next hour he belched and passed gas on and off but eventually calmed down.

Breakfast: same thing but to a lesser degree. I gave him a Gas-X pill before he started to eat and helped him burp while he ate and afterwards. I denied him water for a full 2 hours after breakfast.

The weird part: he swallows tons of air ONLY while eating food, not drinking water.

So, big questions for the vet tomorrow morning (always on a weekend folks, ALWAYS!) because this is scary stuff. I plan to break his dinner and breakfast up into 4 meals instead of two hoping that less at once will be easier on him.

I still think there is something else in play here. Yes we discovered the start of early heart disease and have him medicated for that----but this is too weird/odd to be JUST from heart problems.

No comments: