Monday, May 04, 2009

The Morning After

He had a GREAT night!! From 10 PM - 3 AM he slept like a log--I'm not even sure if he changed position. Granted he was exhausted but I think it was also because he had gotten some relief from his problems.

This morning began at 5 AM because I need to leave for NYUCI w/mom by 8 AM. The schedule of digestive "assistants" that he is taking requires somethings to be taken 30 minutes before eating, some during meals and still another 30 minutes after he took his last medication. If you think you're confused you should see the notes I needed to write for myself.

Breakfast seemed to go well--again, not sign of bloating. Some "normal" post-meal belly gurgles, a regular belch and then some "posterior eliminations" (someone light a Febreze candle please).

It's about an hour now since breakfast was eaten--half of his old food and half of the new Hills Prescription Z/D (looks like there's nothing flavorful about it at all--poor guy)--and he's zonked out on his favorite chair in the living room.

Time will tell if we're doing the right thing but if all continues as the last 9 hours have gone then I'm going to allow myself to believe we're on the right track.

No comments: