Saturday, June 17, 2006

Buford--oh how I wish he could speak

Buford is allergic to air. Ok, not air, but he's allergic to bee stings, spider bites, and has horrible seasonal allergies. I almost lost my little man on 9/12/01--right, the day after 9/11. Something bit him on the deck. Something that did not cause any swelling but hurt his rear leg very badly and sent him into a textbook case of anaphylactic shock. I got him to the vet just before he seized and miraculously they brought my baby back from...well, you know. He was "gone" and they got him back.

So whenever he starts acting "weird"--you know, anything that tweaks you a little--my heart skips a beat and I go into a small panic. I actually ask him in full panic voice, "What's wrong?" and "Are you alright?"

Fortunately we've never experienced anything like we did on 9/12....but I fear for the one day that I don't over-react to something...but when it comes to my baby, there's no way that I won't react as if it is life-threatening--even if it isn't. He is my world. I love all my fur-family, but Buford: he's a special, special soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you had some updates. I've been missing them.